Artisans of Geelong
Artisans of Geelong Inc. work together to share information and promote awareness of arts and crafts.
- Geelong & District Porcelain Painters
- Geelong Handweavers and Spinners Guild Inc
- Leopold Lacemakers
- The Bead Society of Victoria Geelong Branch
- The Embroiderer’s Guild of Victoria Geelong Branch
- Art Dolls of Geelong Inc.
- Bellarine Quilters
- Beading, Glasswork
- Quilting and Patchwork
The Aims and Objectives of the Geelong Artisans Group is to strengthen and promote awareness of arts and crafts by becoming a focal point for the co-ordination of large events, education and information by –
- bringing together, groups, clubs and individual artists into an affiliated body;
- establishing a central database/website to –
- promoting the training of instructors in their respective skills;
- sharing ideas, skills and expertise with each other;
- maintaining a high standard of design and technique;
- working together with Local and State Government to establish and promote arts in general to the wider public
- seeking/applying for grants for specific projects, events and combined programs
To continue to encourage other art groups to join with us in the pursuit of excellence.
Further encourage others to join forces with our organisation.
Working toward an artisans precinct to showcase artwork and create a community among artisans.